Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello all, I'm new to the forum and would like to start off by asking for help unfortunutely. I'm creating a new web site that is going to be about Stocks and the stock market. It will mostly be a Forum where people will submit good deals and cheap stocks. Anyway, I have the design down finnaly and choose a cool flash template. However, everytime I view it on my 4 different computers (14 inch, 17 inch, 19 inch, and 20 inch screens) they all appear differently. The website is either cut off, or has a white border around it, or missing the links in the bottom, and time at the top. It's basically not taking up the whole page or taking up too much depending on what size monitor I'm viewing it on. How can I make this universal or size to fit their screen? My web site is InvestWithTheRest.Com....Here's the small html code for the main page:
    <!--800 -->
    <body style="margin:0;padding:0">
    <object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" style="display:block" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/s...rsion=7,0,19,0" width="100%" height="100%">
    <param name="movie" value="25168.swf" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="menu" value="false" />
    <embed src="25168.swf" quality="high" menu="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="980" height="800"></embed>
    </object>

Thanks in advance.

Member #
    you can actually resize the flash object itself using the HTML DOM in JavaScript. Give your display object an ID, and use document.getElementById("ID").style.height You can call the function from your head tag so that it applies the change when the page first loads, and also call the function from the window.onresize property. Use screen.height and screen.width to get the user's resolution.
    w3schools.com is a great reference, if you're not confident enough in JS to try this stuff yet.
    Also, update your freakin object code! Flash hasn't been "Macromedia" for years! :-P
    EDIT: you also have your container object sizing itself via a percentage of its parent container, instead of the pixel dimensions of your flash movie, which would cause the empty space around it if said parent container is also sized relatively.
    Utah Web Design { Pimpin(it); } - ENJOY yo-self

Remove Ads