Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello, I created a website using a tutorial from

http://www.adobetutorialz.com/articl...-Design-Studio

And I think I did a ok job (Not Perfect :cry but I am having trouble centering the website and making the edges of the site repeat for different resolutions.

In other words. I sliced everything up and tried to take the right most edge and the bottom most edge and make it repeat for the left and right sides and the bottom side so there wouldn't be a bunch of white space.

I am ok with tables but this seems to be a experts job and I am not :P I have photoshop cs3 extended and dreamweaver cs3. I will attach the photoshop file below. I also attached a jpg of what it looks like in case you are curious before starting to dl the photoshop file.

PLEASE HELP

P.S. any suggestions for improvements on the site I made are appreciated too :classic:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Just tile the left and right images and the set the background color of the page to the color of the very bottom of the image. That way the image will appear to continue down to the bottom of the viewport.

Member #
    Can I do that in dreamweaver? and if so could you please explain a little? I am still learning certain things : p

Member #
    Sure. The simplest way to do it would be to put an inline style in the opening body tag.

<body style="background:url('path-to-image/filename.gif') 0 0 repeat-x #fce446">

Where "path-to-image" is the full or relative path to the image and "filename.gif" is the actual filename.

Member #
    When I did that I got this D:

EDIT: Nevermind I retyped the code and it worked 0___o

Thanks a bunch, your awesome!
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (3.2 KB, 23 views)

Member #
    Final project if anyone is curious. It's a little fuzzy quality since its a jpg screenshot ;P
    • File Type: jpg 2.JPG (2.2 KB, 29 views)

Remove Ads