Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey all,
    I'm fairly experienced in webdesign, just a bit rusty from years of inactivity. Anyway, I want to create a website that would enable me to upload a picture everyday, through an admin panel of somesort. This would become the main picture in my bio, and then through a link, you can view a slideshow of previous daily pictures of mine. I'd like this to work easy and well. Is there a code or a panel of sort that already does this? If not, is there something out there that anyone knows of that I could use as a backbone and edit? I want it to be simple, but very functional.

Can anyone help? Thanks alot.

Zach

Member #
    Hi Zach,

If you do a search for javascript photo slideshow or carousels, you will find about every kind to your hearts content. Same for javascript file upload.

Top 30 Javascript Slideshows, Sliders and Carousels
    http://www.vivalogo.com/vl-resources...-carousels.htm

Uploadify
    http://www.uploadify.com/demo/

Most are easy to integrate. If you need any help, just ask.

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton
    Hey all,
    I'm fairly experienced in webdesign, just a bit rusty from years of inactivity. Anyway, I want to create a website that would enable me to upload a picture everyday, through an admin panel of somesort. This would become the main picture in my bio, and then through a link, you can view a slideshow of previous daily pictures of mine. I'd like this to work easy and well. Is there a code or a panel of sort that already does this? If not, is there something out there that anyone knows of that I could use as a backbone and edit? I want it to be simple, but very functional.

Can anyone help? Thanks alot.

Zach
    Josh

Member #
    Thanks for your help. I guess my ultimate goal is to have 10 user account or so that they can log into, they'd have a panel, where the uploading script would go. I want it to be simple. I think I can integrate the slideshow, as I am a photographer, and I've worked with those in the past. I'm just curious on how to get the files to upload, and then automatically make it there main picture on there Bio.

Member #
    There's quite a few ways to do so. Do have a hosting provider to develop this on? Or are you hosting it yourself? (just asking, not trying to sell you anything)

Thanks for your help. I guess my ultimate goal is to have 10 user account or so that they can log into, they'd have a panel, where the uploading script would go. I want it to be simple. I think I can integrate the slideshow, as I am a photographer, and I've worked with those in the past. I'm just curious on how to get the files to upload, and then automatically make it there main picture on there Bio.
    Josh

Member #
    I'll be going through a hosting provider for the time being.

And it'll have access to MySQL, and all the things I'd need to create a login database

Member #
    Hi Sutton,

Well you have everything you need to accomplish this. It's putting all the pieces together that is not always fun. I was going to suggest FormTools http://www.formtools.org/

It is a nice open source project. But would be overkill for this project. Are you going to create the user accounts, and then give your clients a username and password to login with?

Josh

I'll be going through a hosting provider for the time being.

And it'll have access to MySQL, and all the things I'd need to create a login database
    Josh

Member #
    Yes, I'm planning on having 10-15 different accounts. I want them to have an admin panel that basically allows them to change there bio, and allows them to upload a single picture everyday. And then I want each member to have that bio displayed publicly, and the new picture for the day next to the bio. And then ofcourse, the link to the previous days pictures. Its all part of this big photography project that I'm doing, and the pictures is the backbone of that project, if need be, I can manually edit the bios in html, but it'd be a nice touch to let the users update it themselves

Remove Ads