Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have quite a complex design that I would like to code in an efficient manner (in which I will be porting to IPB 3.0). I had it coded several months ago by someone else, as I did not have time to do it myself; however, he did a very horrible job, as the design does not scale vertically, and the design uses many huge images in order to correctly display the layout: see http://mcaurie.com/preview/Cole/ . I was / am attempting to sell it; but its been well over a month and I haven't gotten anywhere, so I'm going to try to get it in a respectable coded format and possibly actually use it.

I have two options at this point:

* Modify his design so it loads faster (less bulky images, I would assume)
    * Start from square one: Re-code the entire design.

Regardless of which option you think I should go with; any advice on how to tackle this beast would be appreciated.

Oh yes, and here is a link to a watermarked original design: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1064940/Uprawr-1.jpg

Member #
    To be honest, I really like the design and don't see anything wrong with it really. Can you be more specific as to why you don't like it? I had little loading time on my machine and I don't think it uses too much images. If you're worried about image loading time, then I suggest CSS Sprites, if they aren't being used already. The code looks good, although if I had coded it I would have used less tables.

Remove Ads