Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have pages built using a template I designed in DW CS4. On those pages is a sidebar - Is it possible to some how have that sidebar display different background images using CSS, or an HTML trick.

Right now, if I change the css for that sidebar, every page is updated, but I would like different images for each page.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    You can use an Editable Attribute but it requires you to place a image in the sidebar as opposed to a background. The sidebar can not be inside any templates. I'll list another option below this one.

Put the main image in the sidebar.
    Select the image
    Go to Modify, Templates, Make Attribute Editable
    Select SRC for the Attribute
    Check the "Make Attribute Editable" box
    Give it a label. Example: sidebar image
    Select URL as the type
    Select OK

The original image you placed in there will turn gray but it is supposed to.
    Now create a page from that template
    Select Modify, Template Properties
    You should see "sidebar image" or whatever label you gave it in the previous steps
    Select it and use the yellow folder to browse to the new image

The other method would be to wrap the template tag around the sidebar div tags as opposed to inside them. This way you could rename the sidebar to something like sidebarPortfolio or whatever page it is on. You could then create a new CSS style which controlled just that sidebar.

Good luck!

Ken

Remove Ads