Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello all,
    I'm trying to create a floating div, that fades into view when the user clicks a link to gather more info about a specific product - in Chrome, FF and Safari this works and looks great - as usual - in IE I'm having issues..
    To create a nice 3D effect, the background to my floating div is a large square image - a white box, with a black glow set around the edge, with the background set to be transparent. So this goes in the background, and my other content gets displayed over that and the whole thing fades in.
    I know about IE 6.0 and how that treats (or rather doesn't) png's, but because I'm fading in this div, IE 8 turns the glow around my white box into a solid black line. If I don't bother with the fade and just make the div visible, the png displays ok - but I was kind a hoping I could keep the fade..
    Any clues?
    if you take a look at www.target.com - go to a products page where you see a 'quick info' button over a product - click on that and you'll see what I'm trying to create...

Member #
    Do you have a link?

Member #
    No - the site is on our development server - but after some Google searches on the subject, I've not found a solution and have chalked this one up to just another IE annoyance. In the end it came down to a choice - I either have the nice shadow png background image to create a border and implement css to work around IE 6.0 treatment (or lack there of) transparent png images and not have my pop ups fade in - or go with a solid background and have it fade in and out. I chose the latter..

Thanks.

Remove Ads