Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, I would like to use an iframe in my website. within the iframe will be the database I use for apartment locating. However, the page it displays is correct in IE but not firefox. For some reason it shows the motherpage of my database instead of my personalized page. This is critical because the clients can access all information in the database causing loss of compensation on my part. I need them to request more information from me, and to maintain contact through the process.
    IF you load this page in both browsers you will see what I mean.
    www.EasyAustinApartments.com/i-frame.html
    this is the code I use - <iframe align=center src="http://www.apartmentdata.com?siteid=37993" width=800 height=800></iframe>

How can I keep this from happening? If I have posted in the wrong section I appologize.
    Thanks,
    Dayton

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    I'm running the site side-by-side with both browsers,
    and everything looks the same to me between IE8 and FF.

Where would I see a difference?
    Do I need to be logged in?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim
    I'm running the site side-by-side with both browsers,
    and everything looks the same to me between IE8 and FF.

Where would I see a difference?
    Do I need to be logged in?
    Thanks for the quick reply!

You do not have to be logged in.

When I view this page "http://www.easyaustinapartments.com/i-frame.html" in firefox I am viewing the home page for Apartmentdata.com (under neath the easy austin apartments logo it says Apartment Data.com)

When I view the same page in IE8 I see my personalized apartmentdata.com page. (under neath the easy austin apartments logo it says Apartment Dispatch, my brokers logo)

They are similar but I need the one with my name, and phone number to appear all the time, in all browsers. I also tried it from my i-phone (safari browser) and I get the same as in firefox)

The link I use "www.apartmentdata.com?siteid=37993" opens the correct page when used as a URL. The problem comes along when the Iframe is used in my website. I want to keep track of how long visitors are searching in my database. The way my website is set up now, I lose track of them when they begin their search because they are directed to another website.

Thanks for your help.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    I made a screenshot of the two side by side.
    Honestly, I just don't see any differences.
    What am I missing?

OOPS, I put the same photos together ... let me resend it.

OK, now the photo is correct.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Hmmm... you have any Idea why it loads differently on my computer? I am afraid because it does for me, it might also when someone else comes to my site. I even ran it thru adobe's browserlab tool and it came up different with those 2 browsers, even safari. well, others have told me they are identical as well. You think it is safe to link it to the rest of my site?

Now I just dont get it. Why is it different for me? Whats wrong with my computer?

Thanks again,
    Dayton

Remove Ads