Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello, I am new to web design forums, and wanted to know if anyone could help me with issues I am having with drop-down menus disappearing behind Flash videos in Firefox on a PC platform? For some reason, my design looks fine in a Firefox browser on MAC platform, but PC platform does not display my design as intended.

I've been doing research online and it seems that everyone says to change the wmode parameter to transparent. I fixed this in my code, but seem to get no results. Can anyone check out the link below and let me know what I am missing in terms of code? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.ragingseadesign.com/desig...olio_home.html

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    From my experience Flash always jumps in front of everything so it best to try to design the site with no overlaps with Flash.

Setting the Wmode parameter wont do you any good because that only makes the background of your Flash file transparent so everywhere you have any content within your Flash it will always jump infront of the HTML elements.

You could however make the dropdown menu along the top in Flash too, then you could leave the left side of your Flash file blank with the transparent background so that you could see the text through it.

Hope that helps

Member #
    Hi Medington,

Thanks for the input. I'm going to wait and see what others have to say. If possible, I'd like to fix this with a few lines of code.

Otherwise, I will design sites in the future to not have Flash components close enough to NAV elements so there is potential overlap.

Member #
    I figured out my issue. Basically I used a <div> tag which references a swf file instead of the flv file. The wmode="transparent" appears to solve the issue on Firefox for PC.

Thanks again for the input.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by altadena626
    Basically I used a <div> tag which references a swf file instead of the flv file.
    Can you explain what you mean here? Just curious, I've had the same problem in the past.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by aeroweb99
    Can you explain what you mean here? Just curious, I've had the same problem in the past.
    in the flash parameters (param) in the html for the flash you add wmode = transparent

Remove Ads