Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, I am a newbie and would like to add a search box to my website. I tried using google's custom search box, but unfortunately, javascript is not allowed on the website. So, I can't copy and paste the code generated by google. Is there a workaround for this? Is there any way I can get a search box on my website without using javascript?

would appreciate any help in this regard

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    You need to use a server-side script such as PHP.
    How much knowledge do you have with that?

And, do you have a database? Usually, searches are
    associated with databases, not static HTML pages.

Not sure how many pages you have ... but is it really
    worth having a search? If you have a lot of content,
    you should be using a database (CMS) anyhow, so
    we're back to the beginning about searching a database.

Give us the URL to your site so we can see what you're searching for.

Member #
    Actually, this is just a website which I had to make using a fixed set of templates (something like google sites). My hands were really tied, couldn't actually use any imagination. However, I don't know anything about php scripts.

A search box may not be necessary and may even be stupid because there isn't really a lot of stuff on my site, but I am just interested in adding it because the course instructor said the more innovative we get with the site, the more credit I get. That's why I was interested in getting a search box on my site, kinda looks professional.

My website is something like this: http://sundayobri.v2efolioworld.mnscu.edu/

This is not my website since I am still in the process of building some of the webpages, but the final website would look something like the one above. This is my friend's website. Its a public website, so there's no need for privacy concerns.

Remove Ads