Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Okay. On my website I have a script that changes some content everyday automatically. The script calls on an html doc and then uses an iframe to house the content that's in the html doc. I have that iframe set up in a div box. In Firefox that particular area is transparent and the background pic of the main area can be seen. In IE the particular area is white and covers the background image. How do I fix it so that it's transparent, just like in Firefox. I didn't use any code to make it that way in Firefox, it was automatic. Can someone please help? I've tried all kinds of stuff. What can I do so it's the same in both browsers? My website is http://www.crossfitbiloxibeach.com. The area I'm talking about is in the top middle (under the menu) where the "WOD" is. Just look at it in IE and you will see what I'm talking about. Any help would be great. I'm about to pull my hair out. :angry: Thanks so much!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    You can try setting the background of the nested html document's body and html elements to transparent. insert code like this into the head of the nested html element:

<style type="text/css">
    html, body {
    background: transparent;
    }
    </style>

Though, really you should re-haul the your code altogether, and start learning css. Frames are generally a bad idea because there are many accessibility concerns, and you will run into quite a few problems just like this.

Member #
    Thank you for your reply and suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work. However, I did finally get it to work with one simple "iframe" attribute. I can't believe it was so simple and I didn't figure it out sooner. And thanks for the tip about learning css. Believe you me, I am trying to learn as much of it as possible. Since I have learned how to use div boxes (the most awesome things) I've been trying to use much more css.

Thanks again for your help.

Valerie

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    body { background-color: transparent; } this in the iframe page style

<iframe allowtransparency='true'> this in your html

iframe { background-color: transparent; } this in your parent page style

use all 3 of these and BAM, browser comp transparency.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Thank you very much. That did it! Finally. I really appreciate it.

Val

Remove Ads