Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello people,

this's my first post and i'm honored to be among a community of designers and programmers, i have a intermediate experience in building websites, recently i've build my own site using a php framework called Code Igniter..

i settled for a very basic design i created with the assistant of jQuery UI CSS framework, and everything was pretty on the local server, when i uploaded the site, the left_bar (the menu with the login form and google adsense) to the left seems to float beneath the first div which is the news div, this problem does not occur on my local server, plus it only occurs on FireFox (as mentioned above, V 3.5.6) Chrome is good, IE8 is good...

so what could be the problem? i checked my CSS many times i even took out the jQuery UI because i suspected it might be causing the problem, but still the problem exists, any help is highly appreciated.

http://www.mmdrap.com

this's my site, thank you.

Rami

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    It appears to be displaying okay for me. What OS are you using?

Member #
    i'm on win 7, 64bit, the problem occurs when i navigate away from the main page (clicking any of the menu itmes) and then clicking the logo to go back to the main page, but i started to feel it's a bug in FF, it's not a universal thing, i even had to compare the source code of the two pages, a page where the bug occurred and a normal page and it was 100% identical.. since i thought it might be an extra "white space" or something in the code, but nope..

very weird

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    try validating your markup, as it appears to be wrong. for example, the giant list in your content area looks like this:

<ul>
    <li></li>
    <div></div>
    <li></li>
    <div></div>
    </ul>

a div is not an allowed direct child element of a ul element.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...idator%2F1.654

Member #
    thank you for the comments mate, i appreciate it, i fixed it by adding a wrapper, but the whole site content got changed, now i have a different problem with older browsers :'( though IE 8 and FF 3.x are working great with the site, but IE 7 and less are a mess

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    set a width of 422px on the <li> tags within the <ol>, and set their display to block. Older versions of IE collapse floated element widths, so if you have floated elements within another floated element the container will collapse and push elements to the next line. That is, unless you explicitly set the width.

Member #
    once again you saved me thanks a lot

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    nice work.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    no problem, glad you got it straightened out

Remove Ads