Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I hope this makes sense!

on a website that i'm designing currently (i'm a complete newbie) i have a sidebar of links with a load of java stuff for cool animations on every page. each time i add a new page, i then need to add it to the sidebar in the HTML code of each and every one of the pre-existing pages, which is very time consuming.

in the interests of saving time, would it not be possible to just have one file which contains the code for the sidebar, and which I update regularly to add new pages and stuff, and then get all of the other pages to sort of embed that file within their code so that whatever is changed in it is changed on them?

thanks for your help!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    This question gets asked a gazillion times. Look up "php includes" thru google. That's the best way. If you have DW you can use the "save as template" feature.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Perhaps more simply look at server side includes where you can load the contents of a file into your web pages.

Rich

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    <div><?php include("file.html"); ?></div>

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Remove Ads