Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Okay so I'm having a problem but the problem is ONLY occuring in IE6. It works fine in all of the other browsers except IE6. I need to support IE6 because a lot of our users still use IE6 and refuse to upgrade (stupid, I know).

Anyways the site in question is https://www.fibrecu.com

Once you are there (make sure you're using IE6) attempt to login to the online banking login in the top corner. Just use a made up account number which is 749621, then enter the CAPTCHA code, then try and press submit. You will see that it doesn't submit.

If you do a 'view source' of the page you will see that online banking login is controlled via a 3rd party service who handles our online banking. IT is displayed on the website using an iframe. The source of that iframe is as follows...

https://s57.lanxtra.com/servlet/SLog...0/en/rlogin.vm

Try going to that link in IE6 and following the same steps to login as above. You'll notice that when you click the submit button the form submits and everything works as it should.

After studying this greatly I've found that the 'target' attribute on the form action is causing the problem. IE6 will only open a link in an iframe if you use _self or _blank as the target attribute. If you try and use _top or _parent (in my case I want to use _top) nothing happens.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a solution to this in IE6?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    that is not the proper way to address an iframe. and you dont need to target the iframe anyway, set action= to the site the form belongs to and it will work just fine and stay in the frame. parent is the default of a link but in this case a submit button dictated by the forms action=. if you do have a link that controls an iframe, you need to assign a name to the iframe such as <iframe name='f1' and then address it in the link with target='f1' .

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    What do you mean it's not the proper way to address an iframe?

The targer="_top" has to be there because if it's not when you click the submit button it opens the new page in the iframe itself. I don't want that to happen. I want the new page to open in the entire window.

Also, having said that this doesn't solve the IE6 thing regardless.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    ok. <base target="_top" /> needs to be in the head of the page being framed. so unless you can edit the framed page you will need javascript to do it. and iframes are from the ie6 gen so if its not working, its not the browsers issue.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Remove Ads