Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I need to create a database of contacts with 4-5 different fields of information (name, profession, contact info, a link to a website, and personal information) with each name.

I'm not posting this in the MySQL section or any of the other methods you would normally use for a database because I don't know much past HTML, CSS, and a little bit of JavaScript. This is also just for use between me and 1 or 2 other people. I don't have other files that need to look into the database and pull out certain information or anything fancy like that. I just want an easy way to input these contacts as I find them and view them in an organized manner.

Much like you would on iTunes I would like to be able to sort the rows by whatever column I choose. Like alphabetically by name or by profession. This option is not absolutely necessary but would be nice.

Is there a way I can even do this with HTML? Nothing needs to go on a server. The file that is created from the form can happen locally and I would then either email it to the people I need to or upload it manually to a server.

If anyone knows more about this than I do please let me know so I can save some time trying a bunch of different methods. (I just download Xcode from the apple developers site thinking I might even try and use that. Not sure though.)

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    yeah. this would be best done with mysql or a flatfile. me... i like flatfiles, faster load times. but for either road you will need a scripting language. i use php because it is open source. you may find it easy to pick up because it is very similar to javascript. although you can use javascript with an xml socket to perform this task as well but it will be limited in functionality beyond creating and displaying a file.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Well I only have a very basic knowledge of javascript. It's been a while.

it will be limited in functionality beyond creating and displaying a file.
    That's really all I need it to do

Remove Ads