Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello All,
    First time posting here on the forums, been lurking for a few...

I have been working in CMS systems such as Joomla! and Drupal for the past year or so, and have found myself quite proficient in the "back-end", I've created a variety of sites simply to test the systems, as well as a few sites for friends. To this point, most of my theme work has been done by the adjustment of pre-existing themes, but as time progresses, and I see web design as something I would like to take on as a secondary income, I am digging in to the more technical aspects. While I wish to be able to theme Drupal and Joomla!, I also want to be able to provide custom, "from scratch" solutions for my future clients.

I thought a great way to start off would be to design my own personal 1 page portfolio, as I go across my 20 or so favorite blogs day by day, I see that simplicty, and also the functionality of the 1 page concept is gaining in popularity, and I simply enjoy it. On to my question.

Many designers have their own set of files they have compiled to make it easier for them when starting a website, as well as a variety of online tools they frequent to make their life easier. I would like to know what you personally have put together.

I have a few small secondary questions...

I am looking for a good set of "blank templates" that either include both the basic .html, and css files, or even just the css files, as well as sites that have code snippets. Suggestions?

To aid me in the learning process, I am looking into purchasing subscriptions to several sites. I am a member of tutsplus, but would like some more video oreinted material. I have found lynda.com.... do you have a favorite video tutorial site?

Thanks in advance.
    Leo

Member #
    For CSS templates check out code-sucks they have a section of faux and fixed width code examples you can download. They have basically every configuration you can think of as well which is a great addition to any web developers tool kit. For other code snippets dynamic drive has a variety of samples w/ demo. Both the sites you mentioned are great they are my personal favorites as well. Check out planet photoshop for a mass video selection of tutorials to learn from.

Remove Ads