Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey All,
    Having finalized the concept for my first hand coded site (most likely), I am considering some options on how to best implement it. Here's the general flow of the site.

Instead of being multi-paged, the site is simply length heavy. The first page/top of the site will consist of the logo to the left, and to to the right a neat hand drawn navigation system. When a user clicks on part of the nav, the page scrolls down, and brings it into view. A few fixed elements, such as a "return to top", and perhaps this neat slider to house a contact form, would remain on the page at all times. A fixed menu will also be attached so the user doesnt have to return to the top to view another page.

I believe this site could be achieved easily enough via the use of anchor tags, but I worry about load times for those still running slower connections.

I have seen some jquery plug-ins that load images only when they are fully scrolled over, but is there a plugin which would only partially load the content, and then fully load it as the user clicks around?

Thanks
    Devon

Remove Ads