Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi I'm teaching myself how to create a website with CSS and I've hit a wall.
    I can't seem to get my floats to work properly in Firefox 5.0. It looks correct in Safari 4. I still need to test it in some other browsers as well. Here's the link to my site http://nutritiononrequest.com/test.html

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Upload your site, but change the name of your main page from "index.html"
    to "test.html" and then give us the URL so we can see it.

Anyone else visiting your site will see the "old index.html" ... whatever that is now.

Member #
    thanks, that is much easier! Here is the URL http://nutritiononrequest.com/test.html

I was able to fix the background issues but there's still a problem with the floats in Firefox.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok, your comments are screwing things up. You can only have 2 dashes for whatever reason. When I edited some of the comments like this:

<!--comment-->

and got rid of the extra dashes, the floats slid into place. They were actually showing up on the page and taking up extra space and that's what shoved your sidebar down.

Member #
    wow can't believe it was the comments messing everything up. it's always the small things thanks!

Member #
    okay, got the floats to actually float but... now for some reason my rightColumn float will not line up with the bottom of my header div. Arrrg. I'm at a loss for what's wrong...i've tried changing my margins a bunch of different ways and looked for anything that might bump that right div down but I can't find anything.

http://nutritiononrequest.com/test.html

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm going to say it's the h1 tag inside. Set the margin top to 0. You may have to tie it in with the .mb class like this:

Code:
    .mb h1 {margin-top: 0;}
    Although I think it would look a little better if you lowered the left column to where the right one is. It looks cramped the way it touches the green part.

Remove Ads