Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm having trouble with a website I've made; in IE7, the whole header bar is displaced, and in Safari (and other webkit browsers, I'm guessing) the text in the 'About' tab is pushed down, which has something to do with the sidebar on the 'Home' tab. I've tried the IE java fix (http://code.google.com/p/ie7-js/), but that's not helping. I've tested in IE6 and it's perfect.
    Please help , I've attached the whole website in a .zip file.
    Thanks in advance.
    EDIT: I'm testing in IE8 now, and it works fine. However, if I switch IE8 into compatibility mode, it looks as it does in IE7.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Can you give us a link? I don't think anybody is going to download a zip and all that to view your site.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok so I loaded the zip and did some tinkering. I add 10 px to the padding bottom on the logo div. 75px 0 55px 0.

That pushed everything down but leaves a bigger gap underneath the cards. That will give you a starting point though.

I also played around with adding a float right to the logo, also a width of 400px. Added a width to the cards div of 400px too. You should always specify a width when you have a float. Then I added a clear both div after the logo with height set at o. That also produced some good results but seemed to add some kinks to the sidebar ul list you have, I don't know why. ???

So there's 2 options for you, but there needs to be more tweaking with either one.

Remove Ads