Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have been trying to center/align this div, but it never seems to align properly. Whether it be that It is stuck to the bottom of another div and I cannot set an padding/margin space between the 2 or it's not aligned correctly horizontally, I never can get it right.

You can see what I mean here: http://xmdevs.com/oscmss/ or here http://xmdevs.com/oscmss/try2/index2.html

It is SUPPOSED to look like this: http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4697/oscmss.png

The first link is screwed up and the 2nd link I tryed using iframes to solve it but it still is screwed up. On try2 it is aligned on my screen but on smaller resolutions or possible bigger resolutions it is unaligned again...

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Banned
    Member #
    well i can only give you the suggestion .. i have been using the div based structure against my website, and i was being facing the same problem of div alignment, i thoroughly checked the css against div . And also CSS BOX MODEL that is page padding, border . You can please check it out and follow the proper box model , it can be seen via w3schools

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah go to w3schools, good one James. :tired:

Ok, a few things...

1) Container width set to 1056px.

2) In your h_right div I reduced the margin-right to 50px.

3) For this div...

<div id="slider2" class="glidecontentwrapper">

Change to this:

Code:
    #slider2 {
    margin:0 auto;
    text-align:center;
    width:1056px;

}
    4) Set the width to 100px for the class in this div,

Code:
    <div id="p-select" class="glidecontenttoggler" style="display: block;" lastselected="0pg">
    5) Reduce margin left to 30 pix for the .links class for footer.

6) Reduce margin-left in the f_left div in footer to 20px.

I did all this in Firebug so you will have to check IE. It's not perfect and it will need some tweaking but it gives you a starting point.

One major problem however, is that your site is too wide at 1056px!!! You can shrink it down but it's going to take a lot of work.

***Do these one by one and check the results as you go. As always, save the original css file, I don't want to be responsible for turning your site upside down!

Remove Ads