Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

After taking on board advice offered to me on these forums, I have decided to redesign my wedding photography website.

The problem I am having is that the browser is showing two sets of scrollbars, can anyone explain why?

The site is at http://www.weddingphotographernorthampton.com

TIA

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Your site sets overflow to scroll on the body in the CSS at the top of the page. This always shows both horizontal and vertical scroll bars.

You have a couple of options instead. The first is to let scrollbars appear only when needed to do this, you set [minicode]overflow: auto;[/minicode]. The downside of this is that if the user resizes the window from a point where it fits everything to one where it needs to scroll, your centered content will jump left by about half the width of the scrollbar.

The second option is to always show only the vertical scrollbar. To do this, you set [minicode]overflow: scroll-y;[/minicode]. This avoids the jump mentioned above, but means that even if the user doesn't need to scroll, they will see a disabled scrollbar.

Remove Ads