Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey Everyone,
    I have an IE6 problem and I'm not sure how to go about fixing it or if it is even possible with the layout as I have it. Here is the linků
    http://www.bluecatgraphics.com/aesurveyors/index.html

I believe because I have padding IE6 is messing it up and placing the menu vertically. Not sure what else I can do with what I have.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    MJ

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I tested your menu in IE6 and the only thing I see that does not work is the dropdown menu in the services link. It looks ok other than that. That's with IE Tester though and I'm not sure how reliable it is. It's hard for us to test with IE6 unless someone here has a separate machine to do it on.

The nav list is kinda wierd the way you have it set up anyway. Usually it's all in one ul tag whereas you have separate ul tags for each link. I can't see it the way you are.

Sorry I can't help more.

Member #
    Thanks aeroweb99 for your reply. I was trying to avoid using js. I don't know it that well at all.

If I can ask your opinion...How would you construct a horizontal drop down? I have DW and I tried to use spry, but I couldn't get the drop down to fit my longest line without making the top really wide.

Thanks
    MJ

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Custom made dropdowns can get tricky. Especially if your trying to appease IE6. I would try and get that spry to work, they are really crossbrowser compatible. It should just require editing the width in the submenus.

A List Apart has some technically sound dropdowns (among other things, a great site).

That dropdown list all goes to the same page. I would get rid of that and put in page links at the top if you're worried about people scrolling. You don't even need that as the page is not long at all. As the site is now, you don't even need a dropdown, unless you want to link to other pages that you add.

Member #
    Great! Thanks again aeroweb99!
    I will attempt spry again. The drop downs will be going to another page. I wish IE6 would vanish from the face of the earth. ---

Remove Ads