Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi everyone,

ive just finished this site. My problem is with the flash logo, that appears in Firefox but not IE. im not sure why it is, but you can see the source code here:

http://ameliealden.com/winninghealth...on-history.php

i think its whats also messing up the alignment of everything else can anyone help me?

thankyou!

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Interesting ...

With IE8, the Flash works the same as FF.

But with IE8, there is a menu in the white part at top.
    With FF, there is no menu there.

What version of IE are you seeing the missing flash?

I can't figure out what that Flash presentation has to do with a gym ... very odd.
    In fact, I didn't realize the site had anything to do with a gym. Is this the template you chose?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I agree...totally bad layout for a gym. This looks like a layout for a law firm.

With that aside, take a look @ my post on your other post:
    http://www.webdesignforums.net/searc...ity_35368.html

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    They chose the template, their original one was quite similar. it's not a flash presentation though.. just the logo is flash. nor have any of the photos/imagery been added.

thanks for the Flash for seo post burningflame, Ive used swfobject here but looking at your way, it looks a lot better So i will implement this. But first before i play around with it any more i think it may be an idea to get the IE thing cleared up

I use IE8 and i think it may have been just a bit of a blip with my browser.. does anyone have an idea of how to make the menu go back up to where it's menna be? (it has the right placement in firefox) -- i thought this may also have been a blip, but as it's been mentioned above, i guess it isnt.

the thing is, i use vmware, and have always had a few probs with IE on that, also with IETester, so im truly never 100% about what im looking at on IE.. *sigh*

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    IE Tester is garbage.

You shouldn't support IE6...its horrible. We dont support it on government sites.

use IE8....click Tools>Developer Tools

WHere it says Browser Mode: Choose IE7

This will let u test in IE7, switch browser back to IE8...this will let you test in IE8.
    Also, "compatibility" view, uses a version of the IE7 to render, so you can try that too.

Drop IETester

Remove Ads