Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hello,
    I was wondering if anyone can help me with a very frustrating problem. I am trying to get the navigation buttons to stretch all the way across the page, but it seems that when I try to accomplish this by increasing the padding in the "navbar li a" section of my CSS rules, it just breaks the line. Can anyone help?

Here is a link to the site:
    http://www.steveaho.com/PartyAllNight/index.html

CSS stylesheet, index.html, and main_page.html (the actual homepage, which is in an iframe) are attached.

thanks in advance

Member #
    First, I would suggest trying to validate your website (validator.w3.org/) - that will help you find some of the basic errors, such as the fact that your <ul id="navbar"> is left hanging open.

Member #
    thanks for the tip! I'll do that

Belgium, Helchteren / The Netherlands, Maastricht
    Member #
    the breaking of the line is because the width of all the buttons together, is wider than the page now that you set that padding so much. What you should do now is try to decrease the padding value untill it fits.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    the music is great. can't wait to see the final look.
    Carnavia is a Web Design Company that specializes in Web Design, Graphics and Internet Marketing. You can visit their Web Design Blog to learn more.

Member #
    You need to see what the defined with of the UL navbar is then divide by 4 (the links). That way you can define a specific width for each link so it fits exactly in your navbar. Once you know what width each should be you can add padding, although I suggest using text-align: center; for your li's

Remove Ads