Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, I'm new here.
    Question time:
    I used .htaccess files on my site, depressedkitten(dot)com , to ensure that the link depressedkitten(dot)com(slash)about redirects to depressedkitten(dot)com (slash)about(dot)html . I did the same thing with all of the links on the navigation bar at the top of the page. However, on depressedkitten(dot)com (slash)about(dot)html, the image used in the navigation bar loads fine and on depressedkitten(dot)com(slash)about the image doesn't load at all. I can't figure out what the difference is as I thought they were exactly the same at this point. =P
    Thanks so much for anyone who can solve this problem.
    (P.S. The site is hosted on nearlyfreespeech(dot)net , if that helps.)

Member #
    ha, fixed, using a much less stupid method than .htaccess: good old folders.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Glad you got it fixed. Can you post the solution for reference for people will a similar issue?

It didn't sound like an .htaccess file would help with the images in this case.
    Carnavia is a Web Design Company that specializes in Web Design, Graphics and Internet Marketing. You can visit their Web Design Blog to learn more.

Member #
    What I had had previously was index.html, about.html, blog.html, etc. in one folder and I made folders for /about/, /blog/, etc. which each had their own .htaccess file. When a 403 was encountered, the .htaccess redirected the user to the corresponding webpage. Basically I think it would have worked except I forgot to use relative links in the styling of the navbar (faillllll) and so they didn't work properly. Anyways I figured out a more elegant solution anyways: simply putting about.html into a folder called about and renaming it index.html, which did the same thing. Hope this is understandable =)

Remove Ads