Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey all,

I've recently begun setting up a phpBB forum (address is goldcoastforums.com.au) but am having trouble over and over again getting the header image to fit the page properly :hurt:

Is anyone able to PLEASE help me with getting the image to scale the size with the browser window? At the moment whenever you scale the window it just cuts off the image... I'm sure I have to change something in one of the CSS files but I don't know what as i'm a total amateur at this :-/

Any help would be appreciated 8-)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by arun2010 View Post
    Hello

Please give the width into 100% of that image then it will working fine.

Thanks and Regards,
    Arun
    But what code do I add to do that and where? I assume it goes somewhere in here:

body {
    background: transparent url(http://www.goldcoastforums.com.au/st...es/header2.jpg) scroll no-repeat 0 0;
    }

but where? and is it

width = 100%

or

width:100%

??
    :'(

Member #
    Did you get this taken care of? The header image seems to be taking up the full width of the screen. Of course, this will only happen for as big as the image gets (you can't put a width on a background image).

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by paintingtheweb View Post
    Did you get this taken care of? The header image seems to be taking up the full width of the screen. Of course, this will only happen for as big as the image gets (you can't put a width on a background image).
    Unfortunately it only looks right at the default browser view scale, as soon as you do a font size change or zoom in/out with CTRL+middle mouse, it goes all out of scale and looks horrible again :-/

Member #
    Well that's unfortunately what normally happens when it comes to background images. The only way to change it would be to have an actual image tag and play around with zindexes, but that image won't scale too well and if you stretch it, it will look even worse. My suggestion is, if you really want it to scale better, you'll just need to find a larger image (but that takes more load time). It's a give and take kinda thing :-/

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    or you can try the new CSS3 method of resizing backgrounds:
    A List Apart: Articles: Supersize that Background, Please!

however, this is not going to work in IE (at least until they release 9)

Remove Ads