Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hi everyone,

I have a client who INSISTS on copying the Rolls Royce method of displaying a photo gallery I made. The Rolls Royce gallery is here: Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Click on photography and then one of the images and it will open a FULL screen slideshow, where no menus (whether it be a Start Bar in Windows or the Finder bar in Mac) are present - the slideshow takes up 100% of the screen.

I have been able to duplicate this to SOME degree, where I used an image behaviour to have the slideshow I have open in a window that has no menu options (file/edit/view etc), so it's just a blank window. However it is not FULL screen since of course the Finder bar on mac (or similarily the Start Bar on Windows) is still there.

Is there any code to make a window open in 100% absolute FULL SCREEN?

I'd really appreciate help! Thanks!

Member #
    It depends on exactly HOW you are implementing this ... RR have used Flash to do (better option) as you'll have more flexibility, however, some ideas can be got from Dynamic Drive- Image Effects

Hope that helps.

Member #
    Hmm I don't really see anything like that on the link you have provided.

What I have is an HTML document with Flash inside of it. So I would be using HTML.

I am so surprised that this is so hard... I don't understand why there isn't just a code or something that will allow this?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMMER View Post
    Hmm I don't really see anything like that on the link you have provided.

What I have is an HTML document with Flash inside of it. So I would be using HTML.

I am so surprised that this is so hard... I don't understand why there isn't just a code or something that will allow this?
    Sorry - try this one - How to make a Flash animation truly fullscreen

Member #
    Sorry - actually, I'm not using Flash at all. I'm using a slideshow generator program and thought it used Flash but it's actually just javascript I believe. And then I just paste it into a document.

Do you know if there is anything similar to the tutorial you just shared, but just for HTML? There's gotta be a way to do this!

Member #
    Sorry - actually, I'm not using Flash at all. I'm using a slideshow generator program and thought it used Flash but it's actually just javascript I believe. And then I just paste it into a document.

Do you know if there is anything similar to the tutorial you just shared, but just for HTML? There's gotta be a way to do this!
    If you're using JavaScript, reading the script you're pasting into the target html page - window.open(theURL, '', 'fullscreen=yes, scrollbars=auto'.....) or you could use a resizeTO script (i'm sure you can get that from a search).

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creativhost View Post
    If you're using JavaScript, reading the script you're pasting into the target html page - window.open(theURL, '', 'fullscreen=yes, scrollbars=auto'.....) or you could use a resizeTO script (i'm sure you can get that from a search).
    I'm sort of a beginner with Javascript (the Javascript I'm using is all pre-generated by the slideshow program I have).

Do I just replace theURL with the link to the page I want to open in full screen? (do I put quotes around it?)

Also, will this make it take up 100% of the screen? Or will the start bar etc still be there?

Member #
    I'm sort of a beginner with Javascript (the Javascript I'm using is all pre-generated by the slideshow program I have).

Do I just replace theURL with the link to the page I want to open in full screen? (do I put quotes around it?)

Also, will this make it take up 100% of the screen? Or will the start bar etc still be there?
    Have a look through this -http://www.learn-javascript-tutorial.com/ - hopefully, it'll give you an idea of what you need to do ... the parameters need to be in quotes; you will need to find the declaration in your own javascript code you're trying to implement though; similarly, you can prevent the navigation panel from appearing in the javascript pop-up by using the - (".... menubar=no, toolbar=no, ...");

Member #
    Would you be able to just tell me what to place in the document? Here is the page I'm trying to make full screen: Untitled Document

When you click "click here", that Slide Show page is what I want to be 100% full screen. Would you mind looking at the source and telling me what to put, and where?

Member #
    Would you be able to look at the source of the page I'm trying to do this on, and tell me where and what to put? Please!

Here's the URL: www (dot) ultrabrandcollection (dot) com/SS/TESTER.html

When you click "click here", that slideshow is what I want to be 100% full screen.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads