Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello, I have been doing HTML and CSS for maybe a year now and I feel like I have a good feel of the basics but I still have one quesiton. How can I get this kind of layout? Welcome to Monbulk College I like the nav-bar at the top and the layout. Thanks for any help.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    View source

When I come across a site I particularly like, I always view the source to try to figure out how they did it.

See what divs they use and if/how they are nested, and where they use <ul> or other tags - see if there are tables (usually not!) and whether the images are in there HTML (if you can't see the image tags then they're in the CSS.)

Studying other peoples' code is a learning experience, and very helpful.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Yes do what AlphaMare said. Look at the page source. Focus on the <div> tags.

Member #
    Hello!

Hello there Catfish0221!
    My name is Josh from Josh Web Design, and I was the one who created this website.

I created this website based on the fact that they needed multiple sections on the homepage for guests and Parents with enrolled Students.

Colour scheme was based on the school uniform, and the navigation bar is CSS based using a UL list.

Feel free to use any of the source code, I don't mind.

Good luck with your designs. :-D

Remove Ads