Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi people,

I'm new to this forum - I have been stumped on this problem for a few hours now and feel I need external help!!

Home page

In firefox / IE it all seems ok in my browsers.

In Safari 5.0 on a Mac it is showing a horizontal scrollbar as if the <body> was like 1800px wide...

I have a feeling it is some CSS somewhere causing this to happen (margin / padding somewhere maybe?) but I can't find it.

The "computed style" when I inspected the element of the <body> shows width: 1846px; I don't use safari much apart from cross-browser compatability testing so not sure what "computed style" means. I assume it's the calculated style of what I am looking at in that specific browser with my computer hardware, just an assumption - please correct if I am wrong.

Any help much appreciated - I have wasted enough time on this - hopefully it's an easy one to fix.

Thanks in advance,
    Mikey_c_9

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    This is a puzzle - I don't know much about Magento - could it be something auto-generated?
    I would start by checking the CSS first - beyond that I have no clue but will be very interested to see what the answer is, as I am starting to try to learn more CMS beyond WordPress. "computed style seems to indicate some sort of addition of widths taking place somewhere maybe?!?
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    It's puzzling to say the least, I have looked all through the css and cant pinpoint what's causing it.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    OK - I see you are using a bunch of jQuery on the site - did a little looking around and found this - Old Nabble - jQuery Dev List - How to workaround Safari marginRight issue

Could this be it?
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    I don't think so, no. Thanks though, really need to get this sorted fast.

Member #
    IE 8 also has a scrollbar horizontally but does not scroll, just greyed out - hmmmm????

Remove Ads