Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Grids?

Member #
    Hello, i'm new to the site as well as to programming. i'm wondering about grids i keep hearing about.. are they mandatory for the layout of a website or can you do without them? also... what kind of programs do i need to use them if any? right now im learing xhtml and css will i be able to use a grid with these languages or a better design? Sorry for the such basic questions.. thanks for the replys in advance.. sorry for grammar heading off to work.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Member #
    There are, perhaps, a dozen and a half recognizably different layouts for sites.

Add another dozen or so RIA layouts and you have Every Single Site.

Grids allow you to maintain the illusion a smidgeon of difference makes a layout somehow different from the ten million other sites No User Can Tell Apart.

etm
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DC856 View Post
    Grids allow you to maintain the illusion a smidgeon of difference makes a layout somehow different from the ten million other sites No User Can Tell Apart.
    I don't see how a grid layout has anything to do with differentiating your site. Grid design is a basic principal of good design in general, print, online etc. In website application, its about visually organizing content, often large volumes of it, in a way that is easier for a user to consume.

Remove Ads