Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hows it going Internet World,

Im having some troubles with a Website project that I am currently working on, as we all know EVERYTHING looks amazing in Firefox... so my issue is no different... my site looks great in Mozilla Firefox but using another browser adds these broken image link boxes towards the right of each of my main menu items in Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Google Chrome, & Opera Browsers... Im pulling my hair out over here... Example screenshots of what I am talking about are included/attached below...

The actual Website is located at Bri Bri Boutique

If there are any CSS or HTML code that you would like me to provide that might aide you in helping me please let me know, and I will get it to you ASAP...

FYI: I am a pretty versed Web Designer / Coder, so i am not new to this kinda stuff at all... But it seems as if this issue is literally flying right over my head... So if anyone at all can help... I would really more than appreciate the help...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Duplicate thread removed.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    HI - First of all, I don't want to update my browser right now, so I find the warning in the top of the site a bit annoying, and I suspect many of your visitors will feel the same.

The page was somewhat slow to load - I think that you might want to use relative rather than absolute paths for your external file links, except where you really need them, like to Google or somwhere that is actually off-site. One of the main reasons to use external files is to make your pages load faster, reduce coding errors, and increase search engine appeal. Absolute paths actually increase load times.

Also, looking at your code, I see you have inline styles, as well as using an external stylesheet. Since the browser reads down the page, the inline styles will be read after the CSS stylesheet is called, and the inline styles will overwrite the stylesheet. That can make it harder to fix some issues, particularly if you need a workaround for IE..

I would say you need to keep your CSS in the stylesheet and then you can start to tweak it so it works in all browsers.

Hope this helps,
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads