Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    So I've been working on getting my paypal to pass validation. I found some code that does indeed work and I can get the paypal buttons to pass.

The problem is I can't get ride of this light lined box around the button.
    The code looks like this, maybe some one can help me get rid of this boarder.

Code:
    <div*id="paypal-form">
    **<form*id="_xclick"*method="post"*action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr"*>
    ****<fieldset>
    ********<div*class="inputform">
    ************<input*type="hidden"*name="cmd"*value="_xclick"*/>
    ************<input*type="hidden"*name="business"*value="lhariadi@tmk.co.id"*/>
    ************<input*type="hidden"*name="item_name"*value="Service*Payment"*/>
    ************<input*type="hidden"*name="no_shipping"*value="1"*/>
    ************<input*type="hidden"*name="return"*value="./"*/>
    ************<input*type="hidden"*name="no_note"*value="1"*/>
    ************<input*type="hidden"*name="tax"*value="0"*/>
    ************<input*type="hidden"*name="currency_code"*value="USD"*/>
    ************<input*type="image"*src="http://www.tmk.co.id/images/pay-with-paypal.gif"*name="submit"*alt="Paypal*Payment"*title="Make*payments*with*PayPal*-*it's*fast,*free*and*secure!"*/>
    ****************</div>
    ****</fieldset>
    **</form>
    </div>

Member #
    It's not absolutely 100% necessary to pass validation. It's there as a guideline, not a rule. If you know WHY it is failing validation then don't worry about it. As long as it works 100% across all browsers and you know exactly why it fails then it's generally considered acceptable to let it go.

As for the light lined button or whatever, your code is too difficult to read. Can you repost without the asterisks?

Member #
    Actually got it all working now. My entire site passes with w3c and total validator. No errors or warnings. ( i put it thru dozens of other testers too! I'm pretty happy I took the time. My whole site was a re-write into proper css and no depreciated code.

Anyway.... When posted the code it did not have all those *, this forum added it after posting. Even with them I'm not sure how it's too difficult for you? It's only a few lines of code.

But thanks for chiming in when no one else had. :-D

Remove Ads