Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello all, I am a beginner web designer, I have my associates degree in Multi-Media Web Design and I just found another client who wants a site. I recently created Farmington River Tubing but this was a very easy static site.

I can do everything he needs except for one thing. The Website is for his real-estate company and he needs to me to be able to pull from another website listings for houses for sale. There is this one website that all the realtors use and they all pull information from it for their websites.

Is this tough to do? I never learned how to do this in school, I only learned PHP and making E-Commerce sites, I have a feeling i need to use ASP for this but hoping their is a simpler way.

Thanks.
    Mike

I was hoping someone could maybe get me started with an example, where I can change around some of the variables and fields?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well the easiest way to do it with almost no coding is an iframe, not the best way mind you.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Depends on how the site with the data has the information. Most likely they have an API and/or an RSS / XML feed you can use. Talk to the site and they'll help you out. Most likely the data isn't free.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Ok great, I'll try to contact the site and let you know...
    I really need this site!

Member #
    I think I found it...
    Does this look right?

Resources > Data Feed
    IDX and Data Feeds
    IDX enables you to download listings and pictures of other brokers to your web site. Visitors to your site who search for properties find better data and stay longer.

RETS Feed

Available by request, RETS feeds use the Real Estate Transaction Specification v1.7.2 to power your system. If you would like to apply for a RETS feed, contact CTMLS

Remove Ads