Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey everyone,

I'm currently having an issue with one of the websites I've created. I'm 99% a designer so I know little about coding; I just really import my sliced psd designs into dreamweaver and code it like that.

The website in question I set to have a grey background, but the thing is if you make the window larger than the design itself (if you have a very high resolution monitor or if you zoom out on your browser), theres a rectangle of white beneath the footer that I can't seem to get rid of.

Ideally, I'd like the footer to anchor at the bottom of the page but given my poor coding, I don't think thats easily remedied, so how would I go about just coloring that white section grey? Thanks!

The website is Northwestern University Japan Club

groups.northwestern .edu / japanclub /

(without the spaces)

Member #
    You would have to have a massive monitor for that to matter. Firebug won't let me inspect that element, so according to Firebug that's not your site. It's where your site 'ends'. I'm not sure why one would zoom out that much.

The only thing I can think of is in your CSS type:
    Code:
    body {
    background: #your colour;
    }
    BTW, for future reference it's a lot easier to just code up your site rather than slicing PSDs and compiling in the WYSIWYG part of DW.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Found the problem. In your <body> tag you have bgcolor="#FFFFFF" - replace this with bgcolor="#e4e0d7" and you should be all set.

I would however advise that you look into learning HTML and CSS as it'll make your life a whole lot easier.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Please, don't, JUST DON'T use INLINE CSS. This is so wrong, CSS is for styling. Use anything like:

HTML Code:
    body{
    background:#000;
    }
    This way you can keep HTML and CSS seperated.

Remove Ads