Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Well, I know my way around Photoshop very well. I am looking to create a website for myself to post my portfolio work on. I am a 2D/3D Graphic Designer with a Bachelors in "Game Art & Design". So making a layout isn't a problem at all for me. I know the very basics of HTML/JavaScript/Flash from some high school classes years back. My questions are...

1) Are there any books I can buy, or online tutorials that will teach me how to slice my layout in photoshop (and also teach me general dimensions for layouts as well)

2) Once I learn, and slice my website, are there any books/tutorials that will teach me where to begin on programing HTML/CSS/etc. to make my layout work as a website.

I've coded basic websites in high school, learning headers/body/tables/inserting pictures...the real elementary stuff. But I would like something more than that.

Here is a sample of what I am looking to do, the layout is not a problem at all, it's figuring out how to make the layout "clickable" and I assume that is done via some basic coding + Slicing in photoshop. I do Have dreamweaver, am I better off using Photoshop + Dreamweaver?

SK Gaming - Esports, Professional Gaming, Counter-Strike, Warcraft III, World of Warcraft, FIFA, DotA, Starcraft, Quake, Console

Remove Ads