Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Howdy All! This is my first time in the help thread, kind of in a pickle. I am helping a friend of mine with his website, but I cannot seem to solve this issue. The site displays perfectly fine when viewed in Internet Explorer; however, when viewed in Mozilla Firefox, some of the header images break, and more important, the nav bars are broken. I have included the 3 links to the site which are faulty below: [The website is named below instead, along with the 3 pages that are broken.] mysanibelcondo *Home *Rates *Our Condo Could anyone explain to me why this is happening, and what I can do to help my friend out of this jam? Appreciate it greatly!

Member #
    From what i am seeing on the site:
    The banner up top has split images - with that said with the whole site set up with tables and without adding ever table up to see if there is a width difference that wasnt being recognized in IE.

Try converting those images into one using photoshop.

That may not work but its a try

The next thing i would do is to get away from that old coding of tables and use CSS to do the layout and for control over most the images.

Member #
    This isn't a site I designed myself, so I'm very unfamiliar with it. How would I go about turning the nav bar into a single image, but at the same time making it functional? (I'm very inexperienced in web design thus far.) Any guides you can point my way?

Member #
    Honestly you dont see many websites that are still layed out with tables anymore since thre is CSS to lay things out with. Also find out who is doing the web hosting for this site it may be a feature in there that can help you or there tech support may have a solution. Other than that i would try to find some old books on table navigation and table layout in html to help you.

Remove Ads