Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi fellow webdesigners!

I've come across a problem with fonts on my website. I'm just using the basic tahoma font. With internet explorer it looks normal, like this:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/842/71828816.png

But with any other browser, the font (inside <h1> and <p> tags) looks weird... like this:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5...perachrome.png

I tried to change it with font-size and font-weight in css but nothing helps. I checked all css rules that handle the fonts, but it doesn't look like any of these are the source for the problem either :s

ps: i never encountered this problem before, and why does it work in IE and not in other browsers?

Member #
    Can you post the code that you are using? Only thing I can think of is you may have font code in one of your layout tags and your h1 and p tags.

Also if your using floats to arrange your layout make sure you use a br or hr break and a clear for those floats.

Member #
    I think i found the problem. The css file for the slider had a font-shadow rule. Lol, i didn't even knew that rule existed, and that shadow is ugly as hell, they should delete it from the internet

anyway, thanks for your concern

Remove Ads