Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi everyone,

I am making a website using Dreamweaver and have run into a problem. I have added content that is extending down past the bottom of the browser, however, neither in IE or Firefox, is the page showing the default scroll bar on the side so that I can scroll down to even see the rest of the content. I have written everything in HTML and CSS, but am at a complete dead end on what I could have written that would have removed the scroll bar. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Member #
    Fixed, but another problem

So I actually fixed my problem by changing my fixed positioning to relative positioning. However that brings up another issue i'm having, when I scale down the browser to where it isn't full screen, the whole page shifts and just looks so ugly, nothing stays in place, how can I fix that and make everything consistant through the main two browsers IE and Firefox?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Sounds like you've got an overflow: hidden; property in there somewhere.

Hard to see without looking at the page, though. What's the page?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Also in your main container set your margin left and right to auto and it will center your content in the page

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    actually it doesn't sound like either of those. can you post some code or a link?

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    It could be that she has an extra </div> that is cutting off the remainder of her body

Member #
    Hey guys. I am having the same problem. As you can see in my site that the buttons in the background disappear in different size browsers. I have everything centered horizontally, but vertically, they disappear. Please let me know if you know what is going on. I'm going to post this in another thread as well in case I find a better fit. I have never coded a website before, and have done it in the best HTML5 and CSS3 I can figure out.

William Kamp Cinematography

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It sounds like the use of AP divs to me. Container should be set to relative while the divs inside set to absolute. This will always bring problems. Find out how to use floating methods. all my sites use them, have a look if you like.

Remove Ads