Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    I am in the process of building a online site which takes a psd file and creates a html/image from it.* Right now it only does absolute div, but in the future will get relative and floats.* Also deals with web-safe fonts. But want to get that working before moving on. Would love any feedback. Jadii - Best free online PSD to HTML converter

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Freaking AWESOME idea! Game changer if you can get it working well!! Some thoughts:
    1. You should have different types of scalable layer handlers / tiling, etc., e.g.:
    2. Horizontal scaling of a layer, vertical scaling, or scaling in both directions
    3. Algorithmic identification of patterns and tile image generation for different scaling (e.g. horizontal scaling will identify the smallest repeatable horizontal pattern and create a tile image from that, then cut the left and right side as well).
    4. Background image generation is a must.

PS - How did you parse out the PSD? Is there an adobe plugin that you can use for that?

Member #
    I am hoping to get it working well. Right now I know all the xy coordinates for the layers and create the absolute values. I plan on building in algorithms to deal with floats and scalable divs, so if someone adds more text than it will still look fine. (easy for a human to do but harder for a computer.)

The PSD file format is known, also can get a pdf on it from adobe. Just using some java/php I than parse it out. I display that back in the a wizard and let the user make some minor changes and than from that I create the html page.

Did you try it out, what did you think, lets call stage 1. Getting something that can be normally displayed on a browser:-p

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Dude I honestly can't wait to see this in full force. Ad click*

Member #
    Lava,
    Thanks. It is actually a fun project. I just got the centering to work, next work on background across the whole page and maybe more some more regular expression work. ie if the text in the footer is like "about us | contact | abc"; Than make each a unique a href link.

Member #
    I have finishing up on getting google adsense integrated. So that you can create a layer say 250x250 and it will display your google ad. After that will work on getting the facebook integrated based on their SDK. I was thinking of creating logic that if a layer was called logo than automatically created a facicon based on that, any thoughts on that?

Member #
    Most of my PSDs are generally 15+ megabytes. You limit to 10.

Member #
    Hunter,

I have increased the upload size to 25m.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    OK - thought I'd give it a try, uploaded the file just fine and then stopped. Can't get to Step 2.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Do you see a (next on the bottom right of the wizard? If not, can you tell me what browser/OS you are using and also send a PM of the screenshot.

thanks
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare View Post
    OK - thought I'd give it a try, uploaded the file just fine and then stopped. Can't get to Step 2.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads