Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey all,

My friend asked me to help her with a site she is building, anyway in a nutshell she wants an age verification page on her landing page.

I have the page built and the html works when tested in a browser, but for the life of me I can't see where to load it into her site in the directory?? She has done everything online to date using the drag and drop basic version on their site, I have used a ftp programme to connect to the directory so can access those pages there.

But while I know a little, I certainly don't claim to know enough to make this work........

Forgive me if this is repetitive and asked 1000 times, I did search a little but couldn't find a reference to the tool Hope has used at all.

Any and all help is much appreciated!!

Member #

Member #
    Thank you for that, I have the code, I just want to know where to post it and how to make it pop up, lol

Member #
    here is the landing page renamed index thefanfictionaddiction.com

but when you verify it just refreshes this page, how do I find the old index page now renamed index2

Member #
    Your question is not clear. If i am correct, try use this pop code Simple jQuery Modal Window Tutorial
    and this should go in your index.html page

Member #
    thefanfictionaddiction.com

Clearly I suck at this!

Member #
    if you want to redirect the adults to separate page, then change your code that says "<a href="http://www.thefanfictionaddiction.com/">I am 18 years of age or older.</a>"
    to <a href="http://www.thefanfictionaddiction.com/adultsonlypage.html">I am 18 years of age or older.</a>

Member #
    You know what, I clearly suck at this, what I did want was the bit at the top of the page to be like a landing page and once the over 18 was clicked the rest of the site opened up. But honestly I have such a migraine and in my corner of the world its the middle of the night. So I am going to step away and pray that its simple.

No doubt it is simple, I am just not getting it, lol

Member #
    do you have any online example of what do you want like? there is lot of ways to do this. If you can specify an example i will guide you right away.

Member #
    um, any adult site has one, the only one I can think of is one at adultfanfiction(dot)net (I dont want to post dodgy links in here) but I don't want it exactly like that, we don't need to go the e signature page just from the age verification page to our home page.

Remove Ads