Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi, first of all I want to confess that I DO put text in tables and I DON'T use a CSS. No excuses, it was how I was taught at college and, if I'm honest, it's a nice easy way to do it in Dreamweaver!

However, I would like to learn how to do websites properly and I am looking for a suitable book(s). I especially like the Dummies series when I'm starting off learning something. There are a number up for grabs on Amazon and these are the ones that caught my eye:
    HTML, XHTML and CSS For Dummies: Amazon.co.uk: Ed Tittel, Jeff Noble: Books

HTML, XHTML & CSS For Dummies For Dummies Computers: Amazon.co.uk: Ed Tittel, Jeff Noble: Books

HTML, XHTML and CSS All-in-One For Dummies For Dummies Computers: Amazon.co.uk: Andy Harris: Books

Which would you recommend? I especially, obviously, need to learn how to put text in web pages without tables:-[

Thanks, Lol

Member #
    I've been using this book to learn from.

I was starting with absolutely no knowledge of CSS or HTML, and this book, along with asking lits of questions on this forum, seems to be serving me well so far.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    w3schools.com they have examples you can use on the site as well. this was the best resource i found after a couple hundred in books got me nowhere. also you can find a lot of tutorials online that are also very helpful and come mostly from real world exp rather then from people who never did much more then take classes, gather data, and figure that qualifies them to write a book.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Remove Ads