Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I can't find the code in which controls the width of the vertical nav menu on the left. At the moment you will see that the menu boxes are not wide enough for the text. Can anyone tell me which line of code and which css file controls this menu? I'm a complete css novice.

http://woodenhillvintage.com/wp

Also both top and side nav menus seem to disappear behind the rotating images I've inserted. Can anyone tell me how to get them to display on top of the rotating images?

Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    As far as the menus go, I think your problem is this section of code on your page. I'm just not sure whether or not we told you to do this or it was preexisting:
    Code:
      div.rotator ul li.show {
    z-index:500 /* <-- right here. */
    }
    To make the horizontal menu bigger, and see whether or not I'm right, do this:
    Add this to the bottom of your 1-default.css file:
    Code:
    .categories ul {width:  220px; /* <-- makes the menu wider.  YOu may have to apply it to .categories ul li as well, but I doubt it. */
    z-index:  501; /* <-- one higher than the 500 above.  If this is right, find the CSS for your top menu and add it there, too. */
    }
    This would be one of those things that, for me personally, I'd have to start breaking it until I figured out where the problem was. So this is a sheer guess on my part.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Nope, looks like it'd work to me Game. And I am pretty sure we helped with the z-index problem in another thread :S

PS: Kudos on adding the comments in the CSS code

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    heh thanks. I figured that was about the best way I could explain what's going on.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    A HUGE thanks to both of you for helping. I have now managed to sort out the vertical menu spacing and have also managed to get both vertical and horizontal menus to remain visible over the rotating images (I changed the z-index: value to '0' in the 'div.rotator ul li.show' line of code).

I am now going to try to working out how to get rid of the large drop shadow on the vertical menu so that it looks the same as the horizontal menu. Also the horizontal menus are not showing any black bullet points like the vertical menu.

I'm going to continue to play around with the code to see if I can fix these issues.

P.S. TheGAME: The 'cock up' phrase in my other thread is very much an English thing, I think.
    You're right, it means 'mess up'.

Thanks again guys for your help.

Ollie

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Too lazy and tired to go hunting through your code, but look out for something like
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]-moz-border-radius[/COLOR]
    That`s usually how shadows etc are made with CSS

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I would have looked myself, but I didn't think Oliver was asking a question at that point. It looked like he wanted to try it himself. I could have read this wrong, however.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi guys (again!),

I've had it with this website now. It seems every time I managed to fix one thing, another things goes wrong.

If you take a look: http://woodenhillvintage.com/wp

You will see in the horizontal nav there are two 'Store' tabs. I only want to keep the 'Store' tab which drops down into subcategories of 'Men' and 'Women'.

I want to get rid of the other 'Store' tab which just appears a long list of all the categories.

I think the only way this can be fixed is via the Dashboard. Am I correct? Or is there any code which I can simply delete to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I don't know how the menu is being populated in this theme.

Its usually either A: from a list of pages or B: Menu editor.

Based on your current navigation i'd assume its option B.
    goto http://woodenhillvintage.com/wp/wp-admin/nav-menus.php
    and see if the menu items are listed there. If they are, simply delete the "Store" item that is first in the list.

Hope this helps.

Remove Ads