Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Yeah, well I knew you could define all margins via one value, but I didn't know you could set different margins to the same element just by inputting different values like BlueToast did.

Also, I'm with TheGame. Why would you need it to expand to the size of over 8 monitors?

Edit: Glad to hear you got it working. I guess I was on the right track when I mentioned another CSS style causing the conflict.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by RiDunne, post: 199906
    Ouch, that sounded rude. Not sure if that's how you intended to come across. In any case, I just wasn't aware you could define multiple margins like that. Thanks for the link.
    Ah, I am sorry. I apologize RiDunne and TheGAME1264. I just assumed that that was common knowledge to most people here, but I suppose my prejudice has me pinned. My bad, forgive me!

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Well your problem actually arises elsewhere than the wrapper - you have set

.content, .footer, .footnotes, .navigation {
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]min-width: 1020px[/COLOR];
    }
    a min-width of 1020px

in your index.css file, line 89.

This means that if you have 80px on either side of your wrapper, with content of 1020 inside the wrapper, the smallest width for full viewing of the site will be 1180px, before you start losing the right side of the page, and eventually getting a bottom scrollbar.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 199916
    -snip-
    You guys are posting too fast!

I haven't uploaded the fixed version, which is why it still appears broken. But trust me, it works with the changes I have made. Will update fixed version in a sec.

Quote Originally Posted by RiDunne, post: 199913
    Also, I'm with TheGame. Why would you need it to expand to the size of over 8 monitors?
    Future proof the design. Knowing the purpose would be an excellent thing to know right now. When you order an Andy's custard, you can have them blend 30 different toppings (excluding 9 seasonal toppings) into your custard. The idea is to have a fan site that allows fans and users to access a user-generated database of all the possible different combinations people have tried.

Fortunately, having 30+ columns for a table will no longer be necessary, but since the website was designed to these specifications, future proofing the design for an "insane" scenario as such won't hurt. After some consultation with someone at Corporate, it was decided that a limit of 5 topics will be imposed. However, we will see if a max-width need be imposed when I finish porting template pieces over to this one (this is the third design I have done thus far for this project, and will be the last one).

EDIT: Ok, uploaded fixed version!

EDIT2: How this problem came to be in the first place? Just one of those very few times where my brain went 'meh' through the writing process and didn't catch that mistake. I needed your guys' brains and eyes to catch that mistake for me.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    That's part of development, dude. You have to screw something like this up once in a while and go "DUHHHHHHHHHHH" when either you figure it out or someone else gets it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads