Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hi, this is really basic, but its got me stumped...i put a site up today to get some guys to test it for me...most of it works fine, but theres one page which doesn't display properly in many web browsers, including IE 8 & below, Google Chrome, and Firefox...the only browsers it seems to display properly in are Safari and IE 9beta...i'd really appreciate someone to take a look at the page, and tell me how to get the info on the right to stop overlapping the film strip pictures at the bottom...if anyone can help, i'd be very grateful. the site address is http://www.boardemotion.co.uk/theteam.html

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    My only guess would be that you didn't close the div on containerB. Try putting a closing div tag after the text and see if that fixes it.
    Check out some of my work: http://www.jr-webdesigns.com

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Actually, he did close it.

Will Skinner: it's not actually a text size issue. You're going to have that issue regardless of text size no matter what you do. Plain text will resize...period.

Your problem is that you're using absolute positioning in a way that it wasn't intended for. Absolute positioning breaks up the flow of a document by design. So your positioning is what's breaking the whole thing up.

I'm guessing that what you want is for your bios to be between those description pics and the skateboarder guys. So what you'd want is something like this (you'll have to play with your widths and heights until you get the div to fit right...I'm just guessing):
    Code:
    div#containerB {
       margin-top:  200px;
       margin-left:  500px;
       width:  400px;
       height:  400px;
       overflow:  auto;
    }
    This will put your containerB into a box, which may in turn generate a scroll bar. In your case, it's going to be a necessary evil because your content is surrounded by graphics of a fixed width and height on all four sides.
    Will Skinner likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Do you want me to sort it out for you? This is easy to do go to do.

Member #
    Thanks for the tip TheGame1264 I'll try it and see what happens, and although the possible scrollbar isn't what i planned, as you said, it would be better than to have it overlap the background image. I really need to learn the proper use of css positioning styles...ah well, self teaching always paves the way for many mistakes and Liam Kenneth, thanks for the offer, but as this is an amateur project, I don't have the funds to pay a professional such as yourself. Thank you anyway though guys

Remove Ads