Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Hello everyone,[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]I have a black background image i would like to use, so when i upload it, you can't read my post, titles and those sorts of things because the text is black and the background i want to use is black[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]What i want, is to have my post area white. For instance, lets take a look at this post on my page [/COLOR]http://www.grimygossip.com/2011/03/0...what-happened/

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Now, What i want is a black image background, but I need everything white from the post title, all the way down to the submit button of the leave comment section. This is very important to me. I would also like to have this on the main page Grimy Gossip Entertainment . So basically the post area will be white, and then there will be black on the left side of the post area from the background, and black on the right side of the side bar from the black background[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]A good example of this would be this link here over at tmz[/COLOR]
    http://www.tmz.com

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Now, there is a plugin that will create a white background for the post area , but the problem with it is who wants to have to manually go into a plugin and activate the white background for the post, and also that plugin didnt make a white background from the post title all the way to the comment area, it was just the post text of what i typed. Please help this is very important to me to fix the code to do this. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Im new to css so step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]As you can see my side bar is a light grey color i used a script someone gave me to make that happen, but i need help with the other parts. Thanks[/COLOR]

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]What i want, is to have my post area white...[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]So basically the post area will be white, and then there will be black on the left side of the post area from the background, and black on the right side of the side bar from the black background[/COLOR]
    If this is what you are talking about,

Start by putting your background image on the wrapper, (style.css line 7)
    #wrapper {
    background: #000 url(whatever.jpg);
    }

Then make the background of your post area white by doing this, (style.css line 213)
    #main {
    background-color: black;
    color: white;
    width: 620px;
    }
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    thats exactly what i want yes . Ok if u look on the page u will see that i have the background on the site that i want. Im using a plugin that allows me to add the background with it being fixed so it doesnt scroll, although im sure i dont need it it was the only way i new how to stop the background from scrolling.

So in this case do i need to do this part still #wrapper {
    background: #000 url(whatever.jpg);
    }

also what was on line 213 moved down and i did what you said and this is what i have now. Yet, its still not giving me the white background on the content area

#main {
    background-color: black;
    color: white;
    width: 620px;
    }
    #container .widget-bueno-featured li {
    padding: 10px 0 10px 10px;
    width: 300px;
    }

Remove Ads