Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm still fairly new to web design, so forgive me if this seems stupid, but...

I've been working on a new site and I inserted a Spry menu bar under the header. After a bit of tweaking, I got it to show up great in FF, IE and chrome.
    The problem is, it's showing up wrong in Dreamweaver now. it's partially covering up another div and it's positioned where I can't click on the blue tab to edit it without selecting the header div....
    Here's what it looks like in the broswer (correct):browser.PNG

And here's what it looks like in DW (HELP!):
    dw.PNG

Please help! I have a deadline this weekend.

Member #
    Oh yeah, forgot to add...

The affected file is here:
    http://www.beer-nerd.com/nerdheader.php

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I can actually solve this for you without having to do anything. That's how cool your problem is!

You're using Dreamweaver's WYSIWYG editor, which in almost no way represents the way a browser would behave. You also need to remember that none of your users will ever view your site using Dreamweaver unless they're fellow web geeks trying to pick apart what you did. And since your menu looks fine in IE, FF and Chrome...guess what? You don't have to do a thing to solve your "problem" other than to stop using the WYSIWYG editor.

Isn't it wicked cool when "do nothing" is the answer?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Well, the problem is, I can't access the spry settings panel because the blue tab is covered up by the header div. Normally i would't worry if it showed up fine in the browser.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I've never used Spry menu before, so I don't know if you can do this...but is there a file called config.js or something to that effect with the settings you're after?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Game is right - the WYSIWYG in DW sucks like a black hole, but I have use Sprys before - maybe I can help you in code view.
    Are you talking about the Spry MenuBar settings? What is it you want to do to them?
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Actually, I have kind of the same problem. I am new with using spry and when I insert what I have created it messes up the whole look of things and I can't figure out what the problem is.. it looks correct to me- does it not mesh well with html/css?

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Please post links - it is almost impossible to pinpoint the problem, let alone give a possible solution, without seeing the page and the code.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    This is the reason why I strongly dislike dreamweaver

Remove Ads