Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Chat feature

Member #
    Hi

I am a complete newbie as some of you know. I have created a website from scratch www.chelseafc-news.co.uk

It's not completely finished but I am planning on getting rid of the results page and replacing it with a chat page. Not a forum but somewhere you don't have to register, you can type in a name and write a couple of words about what you want and appears on a wall.

I have no idea where to start, so any ideas would be great.

Cheers

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    You could always try to incorporate Twitter or something like that. That's exactly what Twitter does.
    Check out some of my work: http://www.jr-webdesigns.com

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    There are many free chat scripts at hotscripts, you might want to check with your host before you implement, if you are using shared hosting, there might be some hosts that frown upon chat scripts.
    Peace, Mike
    WebHost1-For all your Hosting needs.
    Leenkz.Com-The web starts here! (Blatant use of tables)
    I realllllly need to feel useful, please "like" my signatures!!!! (Button is on the bottom right!)

Member #
    Cheers for the replies. I have just coded a chat user interface. Just trying to get it so people can send messages now. Thanks again.

Member #
    Have uploaded what I have so far. I have been following this tutorial: http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/ja...t-application/

I don't want the log in part at the moment but I can't seem to get it to post messages at the moment.

Any help would be great.

Remove Ads