Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: help me

Member #
    i want to change my www.mydomain.com/home.html to www.mydomain.com/home .....pls help me,what should i do?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Sounds like you need to lookup htaccess file url rewriting.

Member #
    wen i srch 4 .htaccess it shows d file but i cant c it in my public_html??y??pls teach me how

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    http://corz.org/serv/tricks/htaccess2.php (why is my insert link button greyed out? - oh ok it did it anyway)

Or any google searches for "Mod rewrite urls with htaccess file".

Just make an .htaccess file and sling it into the root of your site.

Best way I practised was with localhost on my local mahine just to get a feel for it. Get the hang of this before mucking about on your remote server. Start just by hardcoding a rewrite from one name to another name, see how you get on with that. You could do that with the original example you gave.

Also - finding the shorthand a bit hard to read, could you include more vowels by any chance?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Why would you want to do either?

Your root page of your site should be www.mydomain.com . Period. No /home . No /home.html. Just www.mydomain.com .
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro, post: 201069
    Also - finding the shorthand a bit hard to read, could you include more vowels by any chance?
    They cost $250 each. Consonants r mny.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Yeah good point TheGAME I was so busy thinking about mod rewrites I drifted off a bit - M!dhun - if you call the file index.html instead of home.html that should work.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 201071
    They cost $250 each. Consonants r mny.
    Yeah obviously with the advent of texting and so on there aren't enough to go round...
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    No probs, dude. Your stuff should help the guy (and/or someone else) at some point too. So we're both smart.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro, post: 201073
    Yeah obviously with the advent of texting and so on there aren't enough to go round... :bounce:
    So that's what Twitter is trying to teach us. SAVE THE VOWELS.

I just pictured a bunch of celebrities standing on a stage behind one of those giant oversized group microphones singing telethon-style.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads