Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: CSS Gradients

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    For a final project for my html class I'm making a webpage for a pizza shop I use to work at. I'm using gradients as the background and for some reason it looks perfectly fine for Firefox and Internet Explorer, but not for Google Chrome. Heres the link so you can see what is going on:

http://personal.psu.edu/~cam5319/dandg/subsmenu.html

If you go there in Firefox it will look fine, but in Chrome the gradient stops after the navigation bar. Could anyone help me fix this?

The CSS code I'm using for the gradients is:

Code:
    background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #E4FECC, #183200 85% );
    background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(#E4FECC), to(#183200), color-stop(0.85, #183200));
    filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#E4FECC', endColorstr='#183200');
    Thanks for your help!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I figured it out. If anyone else is having problems like this its because the outer div isn't wrapping around the divs inside of it if their floating. Basically the outer div is collapsing and thus the gradient only goes to the end of the outer div. Here's a great explanation of it:
    http://gtwebdev.com/workshop/floats/...ing-floats.php

Remove Ads