Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hi

Does anyone know why when i load an image on my website when i load it is fine and is nice and clear but when i publish the website and its online the picture looks fussy and not as sharp?

Thanks

Jeskit

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    We're going to need a lot more information. Software used, links, screenshots. Help me help you.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Better yet, include the link to the page with the "fuzzy" image.

The most likely cause is that you've used incorrect width and height attributes in your img tag, but as Ronald pointed out, it could be a lot of things as well.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    This is the opportune time suggest using a "test site".... even setting up a web server as close to or identical to your actual site as you can get... on an old PC, or even the machine you develop on...

This provides several opportunities that many can benefit from.

1. You always have a full copy of your code for backup purposes.
    2. Troubleshooting issues like this are easier as you can make small tweaks with little effort to try an eliminate the cause of the issue.
    3. Your troubleshooting is never visible to anyone but you as it is local.
    4. Did I mention you always have a backup copy of your code and images.

As to the original question, I agree with the [COLOR=rgb(32, 117, 183)]TheGAME1264[/COLOR] , more than likely, the height, width attributes for the image are not defined correctly or at all... I have seen some browsers will display an image with the image attributes in the images " meta " information, when not defined, and other browsers just try to fill whatever space is available for the image... without the best results at times...

A good practice is not to just "resize the image" with the image attribute tags, but actually edit the image where it is optimized for the page.

Why is it displaying properly before upload ?

Depending on the development environment you are using, it may not be a "true browser" engine they are using for the "preview before publish "... if you're not previewing locally in a browser... then there is no telling what kind of image interpolation is actually happening...

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Local web server = major time saver. My local server is my dev PC, so it means I change code, I switch windows, I test code. No fuss, no muss, no FTP.

That's some badass advice right there.
    Ronald Roe likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Hi

Thanks all for replying.

Ok i am using a web deisgn software called 1& 1 Control Pannel which is being used to publish and design the website. I am using Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 to create the image.

The issue is when i deisgn the banner (which is for the top for the website) its sharp and not fussy at all but when i upload it, it becomes fussy.

I have been told to use the size 624 x 135 (as its for my company's website). But it might be a bit big for the gap its being put into.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    If you're using PSP 7 (which I actually use a fair bit) check your options when you save as a JPG. There are compression options - Click on the button circled in red.

if you compress more than 50% you will see a clear image on your computer but it will degrade when it is uploaded and shown in the browser. You can change your percentages in the box circled in red. I find 75% is usually plenty to reduce the file size for fast loading online.

Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Ok cool i will check when i create the file in PSP7 but i am using XP and i dont get the option you have shown in the print screen

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    XP is your Windows version - that should have nothing to do with how PSP 7 operates. I have been using PSP since long before XP and have always had the options available.
    Once you have your image open, go to File > Save as > you will see two boxes at the bottom - the top one is for the filename, the bottom one is "Save as Type". Click on the arrow to the rigiht of this and you will get a dropdown list of filetypes. Choose JPEG (JFIF Compiliant) in the dropdown list then you should get the pop-up with the options button.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    OK i get it sorry i normall export the file instead of saving it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads