Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am working on this site: http://greenouselandscape.com/

I am trying to make the header a bit taller to fit the logo and when I look at the css in Firebug it has the height of the header being driven by cssLoader.php

There are no styles in the php file. I'm confused and everything else I mess with makes an empty space between the header and the slider.

And thoughts?

Thanks!

Alisha

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    The php file is nothing but styles when I look at it in Chrome Dev Tools, and I did find the height:110px in there.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aslaughter, post: 206592
    I am working on this site: http://greenouselandscape.com/

I am trying to make the header a bit taller to fit the logo and when I look at the css in Firebug it has the height of the header being driven by cssLoader.php

There are no styles in the php file. I'm confused and everything else I mess with makes an empty space between the header and the slider.

And thoughts?

Thanks!

Alisha
    You are using the Dandelion theme, and it probably has interior folders for various page templates, according to thier function (home, portfolio, contact, etc) or possibly the colour set chosen. There will usually be more than one css file in any given theme - some of them are tucked away in those interior folders.

"cssLoader.php" is a file that tells the page which css file to load according to whatever template you are using for your page. That's why when you look at the cssLoader.php file in whatever online tool you are using (Firebug, ChromeDev) it shows the output of the css file (the styles) rather than the actual PHP coding.

One of the ways you can find all the css files is to download all of your files by FTP (you don't have to worry about the database, just the files), keeping the folder hierarchy the same as it is online. The easiest way to do this is just to download the "[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]dandelion_v2.5" [/COLOR]folder. Then do a search of that folder for all css files (*.css) and see how many you find.

After that, you will have to ascertain which template is used for the page you want to change (look in the admin dashboard), and alter the css file associated with that template.

Remember that anything you change will affect all the other pages based on that template.
    aslaughter likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    I figured out that it was driven by a control in the wp admin! Thanks for the feedback. It must have been calling to some dynamic css file somewhere. A little beyond me, but I'm, learning.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Many of the "extra" CSS files are controlled from the admin - either through choosing a particular template or changing some other aspect, like a slider, a featured image or post, a colour change across the theme, etc.
    aslaughter likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads